Local Scholarship Information
Application for the SU Local Scholarship is available in the Provost's Office (HH 238) and is due back to the Provost's Office by November 14th. See link below for the Scholarship Application.
The purpose of this $500 student scholarship is for the support of educational costs of members of the Salisbury University Chapter of Phi Eta Sigma.
The following criteria will be applied in the selection of award recipients.
· Must be a member of the SU chapter of Phi Eta Sigma
· Must have a cumulative SU grade point of average of 3.5 or higher
· Must be a junior or senior (60+ earned credits) and have earned at least 45 credits at SU
· Must have participated in Phi Eta Sigma or campus activities.
· Must provide an essay (no more than two pages double spaced) addressing the significance of the Phi Eta Sigma ideals in their lives
· Must provide letters of recommendation, not to exceed three
The scholarship award is not renewable. This scholarship will not be awarded in the event a qualified Phi Eta Sigma student did not apply for the scholarship in any particular year; therefore, the award money will be held until the following year.
The selection of the award winner will be accomplished during the fall term. The scholarship funds will be honored during the spring semester. The applicants will complete the application and submit their materials to the chapter coordinator. The chapter coordinator will provide the selection committee with copies of the application materials for their review and selection. The chapter coordinator will notify the scholarship winner.
The selection committee will be made up of the chapter advisor, chapter president, chapter coordinator, and the associate director of Financial Aid. All members of the committee shall have voting rights.
Contact Priscilla Davis, Program Management Specialist, at 410-543-6330 or email her at email@example.com.