- 8/18/2008: Elections for Vice-President Position will be
held at the first meeting. Nominations are currently being accepted, send
your nominations to club e-mail account.
- 8/18/2008: Student Activities Fair is 9/4/2008 from
11am-3pm in Red Square.
- 8/18/2008: Spanish Club Website Updated to relfect new
officers, among other updates.
- 9/01/2008: First Meeting will be held 9/11/2008 at 7pm in
- 9/01/2008: Regular Meetings will be held every other
Thursday at 7pm in Fireside Lounge.
- 9/01/2008: Constitution of Club made available for all
club members through club website.
- 9/04/2008: Movie Listing has been updated with dates of
- 9/08/2008: Student Activties Fair was effective with
- 9/09/2008: Pictures from 2007-2008 school year were added
- 9/13/2008: Vice President Elections were held, Alvaro
Ortiz was elected vice-president.
- 9/13/2008: 9-11 Meeting Notes: Fun Day, Festival de
Los Niños, and Tutors were signed up. Día de los Muertos was gone over.
T-Shirts were talked about. Movies were talked about.
- 9/22/2008: Saturdays events were very successful, (Fun Day
& Festival de los Niños).
- 9/29/2008: Next Tertulia will be schedueled soon. Next
Movie is on 10/11 and is Pan's Labyrinth. Next meeting is at 7pm on 10/9 in
- 10/09/2008: Rooms for Movie Showing and Movie Listing has
- 10/25/2008: Date for Tertulia given, Movie announced, and
evalutation given at meeting.
- 10/25/2008: Held meeting with OLAS (Organization of Latin
American Students) to discuss event ideas between the two organizations.
- 10/25/2008: Added Suggestions page to website and attached
link to wiki.
- 10/27/2008: Added Calendar to the Events Page.
- 11/22/2008: Updated Events Page with Information about
Toys for Tots, Professor Moore's Event, Movie Showings, and Homeless Shelter
- 11/22/2008: Updated Officers Page.
- 11/22/2008: Updated Calendar that is on Events Page.
- 11/22/2008: Went over new information at meeting, next
meeting is 12/4/2008.
- 11/22/2008: Holding Elections for Treasurer on 12/4/2008,
anyone interested please e-mail the account.
- 12/4/2008: Meeting Canceled due to lack of attendance.
E-mail for more information.
- 1/26/2009: Toys for Tots was a huge success with
collecting toys to help out the less fortunate in the Salisbury area.
- 1/26/2009: New Officers elected for Secretary and
Treasurer. Updated website information. No information yet on meetings and
other events of the semester.
- 1/26/2009: Student Activities Fair will be on February
5th, in the Wicomico Room from 11am to 3pm.
- 1/28/2009: Posted location for meetings and date of first
- 1/29/2008: Created g-mail account for communication
purposes and updated the facebook and webpage with new e-mail address.
- 2/01/2009: Updated fundraisers, officers, and events
- 2/03/2009: Updates to the events page and posted flyer for
homeless shelter drive.
- 2/03/2009: Created page to host minutes from the meetings.
- 2/03/2009: Updated Facebook page to host flyers for
- 2/03/2009: Updated Constitution page by making it a .pdf,
updated homeless shelter image, and updated mission statement.
- 2/05/2009: Posted Minutes for meeting on 2/05/2009.
- 2/12/2009: Updated Logo Contest Page with Sketch of
- 2/12/2009: Interview w/ flyer for Club Spotlight.
- 2/19/2009: Club Spotlight Article for Spanish Club can be
found in 2/17/2009 edition of the Flyer or
- 2/19/2009: Posted minutes for meeting on 2/19/2009.
- 4/16/2009: Posted minutes for past meetings of the
- 4/16/2009: Updated website with all past information
(movies, notes, minutes)
- 5/19/2009: Cinco de Mayo was very successful, we raised
over $150. Elections were held, the new VP is Diana Dwyer and Brittany is
still the treasurer. Elections for the other positions will be held in the
- 5/19/2009: Updated site with past information.
- 8/07/2009: Having a successful start to the school year
and working with new officers.